Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Blomes are Back!

Well-I know it has been awhile...and a lot has happened in the Blome household since my last post! The babies are growing by leaps and bounds...little Lainee will turn one next month. In some ways that seems impossible but in other ways I feel like she has been around forever! She has the sweetest personality. She likes to smile and giggle and is very curious..she is always on the move trying to keep up with her big brother. Carter is so much fun right now too...he definitely is all boy as he loves to run and play sports and play outside with sticks and mud. He also loves to play with his little sister...they are great buddies.

My big news is that after much consideration, I quit my job and have become a stay at home mom (or domestic goddess as my friend Michelle says). I still work PRN every month or so to make a little extra money. I really did love my job but the drive was becoming too much every day..I had done it for over 2 years and felt it was time for a change. It has been an adjustment for all of us-but I'm loving being at home with the kids! We have tried to get into a routine and I'm excited that our church is starting a MOPS group. I know that Carter misses the socialization that he had at day care so I have tried to get him out around other kids as much as I can and I think MOPS will be great for him (and me!) :-)

Christian has gone back to school at Indiana State University to pursue his PhD in Higher Education Leadership. He seems to be enjoying it although it keeps him very busy as he is still working full time at VU. We are very proud of him!

Now that I am staying at home I will try to keep the blog updated more often...hope to post some new pics soon.

No comments: